No time to exercise? That's OK. Don't think exercise - think action. Standing is better than sitting; walking is better than standing. Increase your physical activity to at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week, even if you do it 10 minutes at a time.
Try including some of these activities in your daily life:
- Use the stairs, up and down, instead of the elevator. Start with one flight of stairs and gradually build up to more.
- Sweep the floor, wash windows or vacuum the carpet briskly.
- Take your children to the park and play with them. Don’t sit on the bench and watch.
- Write physical activity “appointments” into your daily planner or computer schedule.
- Take a walk after dinner instead of watching TV.
- Park a few blocks from the office or store and walk the rest of the way.
- Take an activity break. Get up, stretch and walk around.
- Hide your remote control and get up to change channels on your TV.