Current job openings at WFIE
P/T News/Content Specialist
- 14 News, the NBC affiliate in Evansville, IN, is looking for a part-time News/Content Specialist. Successful candidate will be responsible for operating various crew positions for all assigned newscasts. The position will require having a flexible work schedule. This schedule will include working nights, weekends, early mornings, holidays, and overnight shifts. Shift for the schedule will start out Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 4AM-12PM & also Saturday & Sunday evenings 4PM-10:45PM. Previous experience working in a TV production department preferred, but not required. Must be able to learn various broadcasting equipment systems and follow verbal commands. Candidates must also assist news content department in the writing, editing and posting of stories on air and 14news.com. 14News is a fast paced, demanding newsroom so the ideal candidate must be able to handle many tasks at once and work under tight deadlines. This position also requires the candidate to learn Chyron iSQ, Logitek Audio Console, Edius, ENPS and Oasis. Pre-employment drug test required. To complete the application process, qualified candidates should submit a resume and link to view their work at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. EOE-M/F/D/V
- 14 News, WFIE is looking for a great producer who wants to lead as our morning Executive Producer. We’re in Evansville, Indiana and we know the morning is the hottest growth opportunity in news. We’re looking for someone who knows how to take charge, who can incorporate strategic planning into the daily newscast and who can help guide a terrific, motivated team. Our new EP should be able to write for the web and take charge of social media. You must be able to plan ahead and help our reporters find enterprise stories. And, of course, you must excel at covering breaking news and weather. Qualified applicants, please apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
- We’re looking for a highly motivated MMJ/Anchor. We’re 14 News, a strong Raycom station in Evansville, Indiana, and we have an opening for a Reporter/Anchor. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. Our reporters and our anchors are storytellers who do great in the field and love breaking news. They know how to bring context to the difficult stories and how to go beyond just reflecting an event. They shoot and edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in the Midwest, this job may be for you. If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/7483/reporter-anchor/job. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
- We’re 14 News, WFIE, in Evansville, Indiana and we’re looking for a Reporter who strives to be the best. We’re a Raycom station in the heart of the Midwest. We love news and dominate in digital. We’re looking for a strong storyteller who wants to learn the craft. Our successful candidate will need a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field. We’re looking for reporting experience with a lot of live. You will learn to develop sources so you can break the news. You’ll be better at the big stories. You’ll learn how to craft a story so it makes a strong impact on our community. Our reporters shoot edit and post many of their own stories. We are fierce on digital and social. If you want to work at a dominant station in a wonderful area, this job may be for you. If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/7484/reporter-mmj/job. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
- 14 WFIE-TV is looking for a Sports Director (Anchor/Reporter). The ideal candidate must be dynamic and have a great personality. They must be organized, aggressive and have the ability to plan for big sporting event coverage. We’re looking for a candidate with the ability to effectively use social media to enhance our product and drive viewership to all three screens. The candidate should have the ability to set up stories, shoot, write, edit their own work and produce their own sportscast. Another must is the ability to tell hyper local sports stories. We aren’t looking for someone to give scores and highlights from national sports; our focus is local. The ability to report live, on location at sporting events in a compelling fashion is a must. Additionally, we’re looking for a candidate with at least a year or two of Sports Directing experience. Other duties as assigned by news management. If qualified, please apply online and attach cover letter and resume at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=-12798-Evansville. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WFIE, a Raycom Media station, is committed to a broad applicant recruiting outreach program in our continuing efforts to represent our diverse community.
As part of this effort, we encourage qualified community organizations to become part of full-time job opportunity notification mailing list.
If your organization is interested in becoming part of this list, and you distribute job information or can provide referrals as part of your regular activity, we would like to hear from you. We would then notify you of each full-time opening and ask you to refer individuals to us for consideration.
Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WFIE is an EOE/M/F/H/V - Qualified minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
If you'd like to see our EOE report, click here