- USI has been ranked a total of 59 times in the USTFCCCA poll, reaching as high as second
- USI is the lone GLVC member ranked in the top 10 of the Midwest Region
- USI started the 2017 regular season ranked 2nd, their highest ranking in the region before finishing 5th in the final poll
- The women's squad comes off a first-place GLVC Championship last year with 36 total points, 2 points ahead of second-place Bellarmine University
- The Eagles also were the top GLVC finisher in the 2017 Midwest Regional last year with a fifth-place finish
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -
USI opens the season September 14 at Angel Mounds when it hosts the annual Stegemoller Classic. The Eagles are on the road for two consecutive meets--September 19 for the Greater Louisville Classic at EP "Tom" Sawyer State Park and October 6 for the Conference Crossover in Romeoville, Illinois--before hosting the Festival Year Fiasco October 20 at Angel Mounds.
The Eagles travel back to Louisville for the GLVC Championships November 3, before traveling to Hillsdale, Michigan, for the NCAA II Midwest Regional. The NCAA II National Championships are December 1 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and be part of the Division II Fall Festival.