EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - 2016 filled the sports world with hope, sadness, surprises, and jaw-dropping moments that left us on the edge of our seat.
Years from now, when you look back at the 2016 year in sports, what will you remember most?
- Peyton Manning goes out on top with victory in Super Bowl 50 against the Carolina Panthers.
- Villanova Wildcats win NCAA Men's basketball championship over UNC on buzzer-beater.
- Mamba out: Kobe Bryant goes for 60 points in his final career game.
- Golden State Warriors win 73 games; Breaking Chicago Bulls 1996 record for regular season wins.
- Passing of a legend; Muhammad Ali passes away at age 74.
- LeBron James guides the Cleveland Cavilers back from a 3-1 deficit to the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals for Cavs' first title.
- Lilly King wins two Olympic gold medals; Calls out Russian swimmer for doping.
- Curse lifted: Chicago Cubs break 108-year-old curse with World Series title.
- Jimmie Johnson wins 7th NASCAR championship; Tying Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty for most all-time.
- Lamar Jackson becomes first Louisville Cardinal player to win The Heisman Trophy.
Cast your vote for the most memorable sports of 2016 in the poll.