Factors to Consider When Purchasing Hearing Aids
1. Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation by a licensed hearing health professional such as an Audiologist or an Otolaryngologist.
2. Know all of your options, Medical and Other:
Surgery or medications
Assistive Listening Devices
3. Trial Period, ideally 60-90 days to get used to wearing aids, especially if a first time user.
What is the service fee if aids are returned for refund?
4. Service is Important. Is your dispenser willing to work with you and make adjustments as needed?
5. What services are included with your hearing aid purchase?
Loss and Damage Coverage
Programming and Adjustments
6. Consider Location and Convenience
A good hearing aid trial and fitting typically takes 4-6 visits over a 2-3 month period.
Additional information on Hearing Aids