1. Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation by a licensed hearing health professional such as an Audiologist or an Otolaryngologist.
2. Know all of your options, Medical and Other: Surgery or medications Assistive Listening Devices FM Systems.
3. Trial Period, ideally 60-90 days to get used to wearing aids, especially if a first time user. What is the service fee if aids are returned for refund?
4. Service is Important. Is your dispenser willing to work with you and make adjustments as needed?
5. What services are included with your hearing aid purchase? Warranty/Repairs Loss and Damage Coverage Batteries Programming and Adjustments
6. Consider Location and Convenience A good hearing aid trial and fitting typically takes 4-6 visits over a 2-3 month period.
Additional information on Hearing Aids
American Academy of Audiology
11730 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190-4798
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
10801 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
One Prince St.
Alexandria, VA 22314-3357