EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - The City of Evansville has begun the second of round of road construction work for 2015.
Road construction crews are patching and repairing several streets this week in order to get them ready for milling and resurfacing.
- Boeke Road, from the Lloyd Expressway to Washington Avenue
- Walnut Street, from Weinbach Avenue to Boeke Road
- Weinbach Avenue, from the Lloyd Expressway to Lincoln Avenue
Other roads scheduled for repairs are:
- Lincoln Avenue, from Highway 41 to Boeke Road
- St. George Road, from the railroad track to 250-feet west of the tracks
- Riverside Drive, from Ohio Street to Vine Street
- W. Franklin Street, from St. Joseph Avenue to Mt. Vernon Avenue
- Mt. Vernon Avenue, from Franklin to Harmony Way
- Oak Grove Road at Kimber Lane
The city says there will be minor adjustments to traffic. Motorists are reminded to use extreme caution when driving through the construction zones.
Road improvement and repair projects already completed this year are:
- Bellemeade Avenue at Kentucky Avenue
- Burdette Avenue, from Covert Avenue to Pollack Avenue
- Margybeth Avenue, from Hawthorne Avenue east to the dead end
- Green River Road at Virginia Street
- E. Virginia Street at Royal Avenue
- E. Virginia Street at Kimber Lane
- Mesker Park Drive, from Wimberg Avenue to St. Joseph Avenue
- Wimberg Avenue, from Mesker Park Drive to Harmony Way
- Golfmoor Road, from Wessel Lane to Harmony Way
- West Buena Vista Road, from N. Third Avenue to N. Fulton Avenue