Firefighters: Beaver Dam apartment-garage fire appeared accident - Tri-State News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters: Beaver Dam apartment-garage fire appeared accidental

BEAVER DAM, KY (WFIE) -

Firefighters say a structure fire in Beaver Dam appeared to be accidental.

It happened around 1:00 p.m. on Monday in the 100 block of White Street.

Fire officials say the homeowner was getting ready for planting season by burning his garden in the backyard when it got out of control and caught an apartment-garage on fire.

The first floor of the building is a garage, and the second floor is an apartment that was being used for storage. No one was living inside the apartment.

It was a complete loss.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2015 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly