POSEY CO., IN (WFIE) - A Posey County man, who suffered severe burns while trying to save his dog from a fire, has been released from the hospital.
Stephen Campbell was asleep with his 2-year-old granddaughter on Halloween when his wife woke them and said their house was on fire.
Campbell was able to get everyone out of the house through a window.
He went back in to try get their dog, but Campbell wasn't able to save Bo.
Campbell sustained severe burns on his back and legs.
He was taken to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville where he was treated for burns in his lungs.
Campbell and his wife are now staying with his mother in Posey County.