The Indiana State Police is now accepting applications for their recruit academy.
Applications must be received by e-mail by midnight eastern time on Sunday, November. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Eligibility requirements and for an Indiana State Trooper are:
1. Must be a United States citizen.
2. Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee. (Appointment date is November 20, 2015)
3. Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
4. Must possess a valid driver's license to operate an automobile.
5. Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
6. Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma
The Indiana State Police Department salary is competitive with surrounding agencies. A recruit is paid $1,417.40 bi-weekly during the academy training. At the completion of academy training, the starting salary is $38,444.00 a year.
The Indiana State Police also offers an excellent health care plan, which includes medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage for both current and retired employees, along with their families.
The Indiana State Police pension program provides a lifetime pension after 25 years of service.
Additionally, the Indiana State Police Department provides comprehensive disability coverage and a life insurance program.
Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: