"There was a snake in the back room of the store prior to the store opening," Laura Sieger, Maurices' spokesperson, said.
Sieger says an exterminator was called to the store following the incident.
Farmington Fire Chief Todd Mecey confirms the snake that bit the Maurices employee was not poisonous and that the victim is OK.
Still, shoppers says the incident makes them uneasy.
“Oh my gosh, I’m not sure I would want to go in the store. It’s kind of scary," Kathy Conway said.
“I really can’t believe there would be a snake inside the store. I can’t think of how he would get in," Jeanie Griffin said.However, these people say the incident won't stop them from coming to Maple Valley Center.
Copyright 2014 KFVS. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: