The Indiana Department of Transportation is announcing the closure of several roads due to high water.
The following sections of roadway have either been closed or INDOT is advising motorists to use caution around these areas of high water:
- Daviess & Pike Counties - SR 257 from US 50 (Washington) to SR 356 (Otwell)
- Perry County - SR 66 from SR 166 (Rocky Point) to SR 70 (Derby)
- Perry County - SR 66 from SR 70 (Denby) to SR 62 (Sulphur)
- Spencer County: SR 62 from SR 162 (Gentryville) to US 231 (Dale)
- Warrick & Spencer Counties - SR 62 from SR 161 to Old US 231 (Dale)
- Warrick & Spencer Counties - SR 161 from SR 66 (Hatfield) to SR 62 (Degonia Springs)
- Knox & Daviess Counties - SR 358 from SR 67 (Edwardsport) to SR 57 (Plainville)
When you come upon a flooded roadway, INDOT urges you to turn around and not drive through standing water.
Six inches of standing water is enough to cause passenger cars to stall, and a foot of water will float many vehicles.