LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are ten things Kentuckiana will be talking about today:
1. Threat of severe storms tonight through tomorrow morning – Christie Dutton of the WAVE 3 Storm Tracking Team says storms are rolling through the area this morning as a warm front moves over us. Find out when you can expect the rain to leave.
2. 40th anniversary of April 3 tornado outbreak – Forty years ago a remarkable tornado outbreak took place across the eastern half of the country. It is known as the Super Outbreak of 1974. Go to WAVE3.com and the 1974 Super Outbreak Tornado page to view slide shows, maps, stories of the damage and what to do if another tornado strikes again. Also, go to our Facebook page and share your memories of that tragic day.
3. Better Business Bureau warns of missing plane scam – Recovery crews continue to scour the Indian Ocean looking for any sign of the Boeing 777 and the 239 people on board. Now, scam artists are using people's curiosity about what happened as a way to prey on them. Click to find out how they are taking advantage of people on social media and how to protect yourself.
4. Riverfront activities in jeopardy – Budget cuts have caused Fourth of July and Riverboat activities on the waterfront to be in jeopardy. Find out how much is being cut and what else it might affect.
5. Man who caused injury crash during police pursuit escapes from hospital – A man who wanted on warrants in several counties is on the loose after police said he escaped a hospital for injuries he received when he led officers on a chase in a stolen vehicle. Click to find details and how to help police catch him.
6. Temporary treatment plant will help victims in the Hunters Hollow community – More than 600 people have been impacted since the treatment plant failed in northern Bullitt County. A temporary treatment plant will go online to help ease the burden but will cost $3,500 a day.
7. One care left in the sinkhole – It started with eight cars at the bottom of a sinkhole but after today only one will be left. Crews pulled out a 1993 Corvette Spyder using extreme caution because of the cars surroundings.
Click here to subscribe to breaking news and weather alerts, including school closing alerts for your particular district, and watch WAVE 3 News Sunrise for all the morning's top stories weekdays beginning at 4:30 a.m. You can also register to receive Sunrise to Go on your mobile device by visiting our Preference Center at WAVE3.com.
Copyright 2014 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: