LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are ten things Kentuckiana will be talking about today:
1. Ryan Hoke says expect more rain – Ryan Hoke of the WAVE 3 Storm Tracking Team says the early morning will feature a line of showers and thunderstorms that will contain lightning, briefly heavy rain, and gusty winds. The afternoon looks dry for the most part with cloudy skies and temperatures topping out in the mid 60s. Click to find out what you can expect for this weekend's forecast.
2. UK and UofL showdown – University of Louisville will face University of Kentucky tonight at 9:45 in Indianapolis in the Sweet Sixteen. Watch WAVE 3 News as Kent Taylor and Kendrick Haskins of the WAVE 3 Sports Team will be covering the day's events.
3. Snow day compromise – Kentucky's General Assembly is closer than ever to providing school districts with relief for snow makeup days, although it's likely too late for some districts. Click to find out when schools are expect to end.
4. Coaches' press conference – Head coaches for University of Kentucky and University of Louisville spoke yesterday in a press conference and had a lot to say about each other. Go to WAVE 3 Sports page to see the entire news conference.
5. Fake tickets for the game – Tickets are reportedly going for 500 percent more than face values which mean scammers will be trying to sell fake tickets. Law enforcement says they will be out too looking for anyone selling fake tickets. Fans are asked to look for a yellow card that all ticker brokers are required to carry.
6. Metro Council discusses curfews and cameras – After a mob of teenagers turned violent Louisville metro leaders asked the city's youth why? And what's next? Their answers were blunt, prompting council members to ponder both opportunities and consequences. Click to find out what was said.
7. Kentucky State Police handing out free shirts – Whether you bleed red or blue a great way to show your spirit is by wearing your team's shirt. Kentucky State Police will be targeting fans for that very reason. Find out where and how to get a free shirt.
8. Amazon job fair – Today is the last day to apply for one of 200 job openings at Amazon. The job fair will be held at WorkOne on State Street in New Albany. The job fair is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
9. Banning e- cigarettes – The Kentucky House has passed a bill that would ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors. Find out what the next steps are and what supporters are saying.
10. Safety details for Sweet Sixteen match up – The Louisville Metro Police Department has announced its plan to ensure UofL and UK fan celebrations in Derby City remain orderly and safe tonight. Click to find the safety detail plan for tonight.
Click here to subscribe to breaking news and weather alerts, including school closing alerts for your particular district, and watch WAVE 3 News Sunrise for all the morning's top stories weekdays beginning at 4:30 a.m. You can also register to receive Sunrise to Go on your mobile device by visiting our Preference Center at WAVE3.com.
Copyright 2014 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: