Smoke detector alerts family to fire in Hopkins County - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Smoke detector alerts family to fire in Hopkins County

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters battled a house fire Tuesday morning in Hopkins County.

The fire broke out at a home on Hart Lane in Nebo.

We're told the father heard a smoke detector going off and was able to get his family out safely.

Firefighters used more than 10,000 gallons of water on the fire and were letting it burn.

It appears the home is a total loss.

The Nebo fire chief says the fire was most likely caused by a space heater.

Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow