Cooking fire destroys Jeffersonville home - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Cooking fire destroys Jeffersonville home

Posted: Updated:
The remains of the burned out home. The remains of the burned out home.
The attached garage where the fire started. The attached garage where the fire started.
The burned-out SUV The burned-out SUV

JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (WAVE) - A family lost everything in a fire and investigators believe a meat smoker is to blame.

The Jeffersonville fire marshal said crews were called to a home on Timberlake Court in the Crystal Springs subdivision around 8:30 p.m. February 2.

The family was outside the home when firefighters arrived and no one was hurt. However, the fire did a lot of damage to the home and destroyed the family's SUV.

Crews think the meat smoker, which had been placed inside the garage, caught fire and quickly spread to the home.

The Greater Clark County Schools has started a clothing collection drive for the family. To learn what is needed and how you can donate, click here.

Copyright 2014 WAVE 3 News. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow