Two people escape house fire in Hancock County

HANCOCK CO., KY (WFIE) - Investigators say the fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. at 155 Davies Drive in Hawesville.

Two people were in the house at the time.  They were already awake due to a power outage and were able to escape safely.

The Hawesville Fire Department Assistant Chief says it appears that an electric wall heater upstairs started the fire.

The owners say they haven't used the heater in a while.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one room.

There was some smoke and minor damage to the home.

Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.