Owensboro HealthPark open after late night dryer fire - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Owensboro HealthPark open after late night dryer fire

Posted: Updated:
OWENSBORO, KY (WFIE) -

The Owensboro HealthPark will be open Thursday following a late night fire.

It happened just after nine Wednesday night.

Firefighters say the dryer was full of towels and caught fire.

They say the outside of the dryer started to burn and set off an overhead sprinkler.

Firefighters say that sprinkler kept the fire under control until they arrived.

Some smoke filled the first floor of the building, but there was little smoke damage to the room with the dryer in it.

Thirty people inside the building at the time of the fire all got out safely. 

Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow