Two treated for smoke inhalation in Jasper Fire - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Two treated for smoke inhalation in Jasper Fire

Posted: Updated:

JASPER, IN (WFIE) – Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a duplex caught fire in Jasper.

According to the Jasper Fire Department, around 4:15 Friday morning, a man had a pan of grease on the stove, when he laid down and ended up falling asleep.

The pan caught fire, did major damage to the kitchen in that part of the duplex, and the rest has heavy smoke and heat damage. The adjoining half of the duplex was not damaged by the fire.

The owners made it out safe, but were treated for smoke inhalation. The fire department tells 14News, the owners had two cats in the home. One has been found safe, but the other cat is missing.

In all they estimate the damage to be around $60,000. 

Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow