Thursday, April 24 2014 8:14 AM EDT2014-04-24 12:14:31 GMT
Your purse is not the place where you think you might find some items that could poison your pet. On Thursday's FOX19 Morning News, Diana Dornbusch Cron, a veterinarian at Glenway Animal Hospital in GreenMore >>
Your purse is not the place where you think you might find some items that could poison your pet.More >>
Thursday, April 24 2014 11:19 AM EDT2014-04-24 15:19:29 GMT
A Toledo mother was sentenced Thursday morning after a jury found her guilty of killing her 6-month-old son last week. Amanda Bacon has been sentenced to life in prison with eligibility for parole.More >>
A Toledo mother was sentenced Thursday morning after a jury found her guilty of killing her 6-month-old son last week. Amanda Bacon has been sentenced to life in prison. She will be eligible for parole.More >>
A group of angry parents want the superintendent of Tiffin City Schools removed from her position and have started circulating a petition.More >>
A group of angry parents want the superintendent of Tiffin City Schools removed from her position and have started circulating a petition. More >>
MAUMEE, OH (Toledo News Now) -
The Lucas County Health Department has issued a warning to area residents about an unlicensed Maumee tattoo parlor, and is asking anyone who got a tattoo or piercing at the parlor to come forward.
Juki's Tattoo on the Anthony Wayne Trail in Maumee has been operating without a license, according to the health department. The health department says health risks of operating without a license "include bacterial infections as well as blood borne diseases such as HIV/Aids and Hepatitis B and/or C."
Dr. David Grossman says the health department has tried to shut the owner down in the past, but with the help of police, Grossman says they recently investigated the tattoo parlor and were able to shut it down.
One customer says seven of her 10 tattoos were done at Juki's, and she did not know he was operating without a license.
"I've really never had a problem with him," she said. "He always used gloves, I watched him take the needles out of the packages, everything was fine. None of my tattoos have came out messed up, have never got infected, anything like that."
Owner Kirk Summey issued the following statement:
"I have never ever tattooed anybody with non-sterile equipment. The only thing I'm guilty of is not being extorted by the Health Department."
Another former customer says she had to go to the ER the day after getting a tattoo at Juki's. The doctor told her she had cellulitis, which the doctor says comes from non-sterile equipment.
Anyone who received a tattoo or body piercing from Juki's Tattoo after October 2009 is asked to call the health department at 419-213-4132 and follow up with his or her doctor.