Marshal: Propane leak likely cause of fatal Murray house explosi - Tri-State News, Weather & Sports

Marshal: Propane leak likely cause of fatal Murray house explosion

The Kentucky Fire Marshal says the most likely cause of a fatal house explosion in Murray is a leak in a liquid propane line.

Fire Marshal Bill Swope told the Murray Ledger & Times it appears that a leak in the line running beneath a single-story house triggered the explosion late on the night of Sept. 14. Killed in the blast was 71-year-old Kenneth Story. Four other people were injured.

Kentucky State Police spokesman Jay Thomas says investigators haven't found any signs of foul play.

The explosion was the second fatal such incident in Calloway County since a house was destroyed just outside of Murray in December 1998. One person died from injuries sustained in that explosion.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 

Powered by Frankly