Mom hurt after mattress set on fire by child - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Mom hurt after mattress set on fire by child

Posted: Updated:

A Henderson mother is hurt after the mattress she was sleeping in was set on fire.

It happened at 927 2nd Street in Henderson.

Officials say the woman's two-year-old son somehow got a hold of a candle while she was sleeping and lit the mattress on fire.

The woman received minor burns to her feet.

Authorities say the family will be displaced for a few days because of damage to the home and a power outage.

The Red Cross was called to help the family.

Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow