New information on an Evansville fire that displaced nine people.
The fire broke out just after 3 A.M. Thursday at 32 West Florida Street.
Officials say the fire started on the porch in the back of the house. It then rose to the home's second floor.
According to a police report, fire investigators say there was gasoline poured on the porch before it was ignited.
We're told one of the family members heard a loud "pop" and called 911.
Initially, firefighters believed neighboring houses were in danger of catching fire as well, but say they knocked the fire out before that happened.
Fire officials say everyone got out of the house safely. No injuries have been reported.
The Red Cross is helping five adults and four children find a place to stay.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: