A Tell City man is dead after his mobile home went up in flames on Friday.
Authorities say 63-year-old Charles Huff died Friday after his mobile home on 9th Street in Tell City was engulfed in flames.
The fire department got the 911 call around 3:30 p.m. and got to the home at 32 N 9th Street within minutes. But at that point, the home had already been overtaken by the fire.
The Perry County Coroner says Huff died of smoke inhalation.
Shirley Cronin, an elderly man also living in the home, got out without any injuries.
The fire chief says the fire was ruled accidental.
"There was talk from the male subject that lived there that both male subjects smoked on the front porch, but we cannot confirm a cigarette," says Tell City Fire Chief, Greg Linne. "But it was in that location where it started."
Huff was just days shy of his birthday. He would have been 64 on Tuesday.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: