Fire at Grandy's in Henderson leaves extra-crispy fried chicken - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Fire starts in Grandy's deep fryer, no damage, but leaves chicken "extra-crispy"

Posted: Updated:

A fire broke out at Grandy's in Henderson on Thursday afternoon.

An electrical fire in the kitchen of the store was caused by a deep fryer. Henderson Fire Chief, Daniel Froehlich, believes the motor of the deep fryer overheated and was aided by grease to start the fire.

There were no injuries reported from the small fire, and there was no mess except from the fire extinguisher.

No word on how many were in the store at the time of the fire, and the manager on duty would not release on if the store would be closed for the rest of the day.

Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow