Official: Ky. fire accidental, started near light - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Official: Ky. fire accidental, started near light

Posted: Updated:

The state fire marshal says a fire that killed three people at a mobile home in central Kentucky started accidentally near a light fixture.

Fire marshal spokeswoman Ricki Gardenhire says investigators determined that Sunday's blaze ignited in the ceiling, and there was no sign of foul play. 

Killed in the fire were Eddie Clouse; his son, Cole Clouse, who would have turned 2 next month; and a family friend, Kalvin King. The fire started just before 11 p.m. CDT near Leitchfield. 

Deputy Kentucky Fire Marshal Chris Crawford says the fire had already flashed over or was consuming the home from floor to ceiling when firefighters arrived, but the Leitchfield Fire Department managed to bring the fire under control quickly.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Powered by WorldNow