Yay for nice weather! - Tri-State News, Weather & Sports

Yay for nice weather!

Nice weather.  It is finally here!!!  And this makes me very, very happy.  Not only do I look forward to taking walks outside in the evening and leaving my long sleeves at home, I also am very excited to no longer shiver while shooting video or almost lose feeling in my fingers while knocking on doors!  Ha!  Hooray!!!  Now I just need to remember to put some sunscreen in my work bag.  I always end up getting a terrible tan line from my short sleeve shirts! :)

Well, let's see, what happened yesterday (since I neglected to write)?  I think the day was pretty uneventful, for the most part, and I'll take that on a Monday.  It ended with a marathon City Council meeting.  I had been there close to two hours (most of it AFTER my shift) and had to cut before it ended.  There comes a point sometimes when you just have to set work aside and go home!  Ha!  I did have a very nice chat with two of the Vanderburgh Co. Sheriff's deputies working security at the Civic Center, however.  One of them I thought I recognized as one of the fighters in the Guns & Hoses boxing event a few weekends ago.  I asked him if he had two black eyes last week when I saw him in court (yep, that was him) and put it all together, haha!  I've said it before, but it's so nice to have a good relationship with those folks who I see so often going in and out of that building!

Today somehow ended up feeling busier than I think it was.  I'm not exactly sure why that happened, except that I spent some time writing a web article that's not factored in my normal day.  Reported on all the ISTEP issues schools are dealing with.  Perhaps the old "fill in the bubble" option from back in my day wasn't so bad, after all??

I just realized I have to run home to get my clothes for yoga before class, so I'm cutting this short!  Have a wonderful evening!

Until next time,

Erin

• LOCALMore>>

Vanderburgh Humane Society's benefit dinner a success

Saturday, April 29 2017 11:29 PM EDT2017-04-30 03:29:55 GMT
    (Source: Vanderburgh Humane Society)(Source: Vanderburgh Humane Society)

It's the biggest fund raising event for a humane society in Southern Indiana. On Saturday, hundreds took part in the Vanderburgh Humane Society's twenty-second annual Going, Going, Gone to the Dogs! Benefit Dinner & Auction.

More >>

Flooding, road closures throughout Tri-State after morning rain

Saturday, April 29 2017 11:21 PM EDT2017-04-30 03:21:58 GMT
    Photo sent in by Chris Lee, showing the water over Baseline/Old Petersburg Road. (WFIE)Photo sent in by Chris Lee, showing the water over Baseline/Old Petersburg Road. (WFIE)

Your weekend plans could be in jeopardy after large amounts of rain caused flooding in some Tri-State areas.

Madisonville City Administrator retires

Saturday, April 29 2017 10:01 PM EDT2017-04-30 02:01:28 GMT
    (WFIE)(WFIE)

A household name in Madisonville City Government is calling it a career. City administrator Chuck Shockley is retiring after spending 27 years working for the city.

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction.  She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.

More >>

One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction. She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.

More >>

'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

Thursday, April 27 2017 12:17 AM EDT2017-04-27 04:17:43 GMT
    Friday, April 28 2017 11:32 PM EDT2017-04-29 03:32:02 GMT
    Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

More >>

William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

• BREAKING

Officials: 5 dead during weekend storms, casualties may increase

Officials: 5 dead during weekend storms, casualties may increase

Sunday, April 30 2017 12:31 AM EDT2017-04-30 04:31:34 GMT

Severe thunderstorm warnings were issued Saturday for multiple East Texas counties.

Powered by Frankly