House fire breaks out after homeowner leaves - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

House fire breaks out after homeowner leaves

Posted: Updated:

Fire investigators say an overloaded circuit is likely what sparked a morning house fire in Evansville.

It broke out just before 10:00 A.M. at 1301 Evans Avenue.

Firefighters told 14 News that the homeowner left the house 30-minutes before the fire broke out.

The fire was contained in the front living room area of the house and crews quickly put the fire out but the contents of the living room were totally destroyed.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow