Fire breaks out at Mt. Vernon animal clinic - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Lightning strikes transformers at Mt. Vernon animal clinic

Posted: Updated:
MT. VERNON, IN (WFIE) -

Lightning is to blame for a transformer fire Tuesday afternoon at a Mt. Vernon animal clinic.

Officials say a transformer in the front and back of the Hawthorne Animal Clinic in the 900 block of East Fourth Street were hit and one caught fire. This caused a major fire hazard throughout the building. 

We're told that all animals are safe. Most of them have been picked up by their owners.

The clinic is closed as of now and not sure when it will be back open.

14 News is continuing to follow these developments, and we will have the latest on air, online at 14News.com and on mobile with the 14 News mobile app.

Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow