Thursday, May 23 2013 9:21 AM EDT2013-05-23 13:21:56 GMT
As of 5:30 Thursday morning, a 14 News Crew is at train derailment on Oak Grove Road. Officials say a train car has come off the track and are currently waiting for a crew from Louisville to get it backMore >>
Officials say traffic is blocked near Kight Lumber and Morgan Avenue.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 5:03 AM EDT2013-05-23 09:03:58 GMT
A mobile home catches fire in Henderson for the second time in just over 24 hours. It happened at 622 Graves Drive. Officials say the back of the home caught fire Tuesday night just before midnight andMore >>
Officials say the back of the home caught fire Tuesday night just before midnight and then again around midnight Thursday morning.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 5:16 AM EDT2013-05-22 09:16:17 GMT
Nearly 60-thousand "Lea" panel, loft and bunk beds in various sizes are being recalled. It turns out the side mattress support rails can break, posing a fall hazard. The rails are on 34 different LeaMore >>
Nearly 60-thousand "Lea" panel, loft and bunk beds in various sizes are being recalled.More >>
Police say actress Amanda Bynes has been arrested in midtown Manhattan after she heaved a marijuana bong out of a window.More >>
Actress Amanda Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment after police say she heaved a marijuana bong out of an apartment window in New York City.More >>
Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
Discussions to Highlight Key Trends around Mobile Classroom Adoption
SALEM, N.H., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, will be exhibiting and presenting sessions on BYOD, network development and Web filtering for K-12 classrooms at BrainStorm 14.0. While K-12 school districts continue to embrace BYOD for personalized learning, concerns around security, compliance and acceptance continue to mount. In a series of sessions presented by Enterasys and its customers, learn how to maximize your BYOD solution and ensure your network meets the requirements of today's classroom environment and satisfies all key stakeholders involved.
Michael McDermot, technical director, Kimberly School District
Kevin Capwell, data systems director, Onalaska School District & President, META
Dan Scott, director of technology, Elmbrook School District
- Taming the Wild, Wild West of BYOD: Get first-hand accounts of how the Onalaska, Kimberly and Elmbrook School Districts have approached BYOD and learn IT-related preparatory best practices to ensure a device-agnostic 'anytime, anywhere, any device' environment.
- Monday, March 11, 2013, 2:30-3:30 PM ET in Banyan room
- BYOD Planning for Admin: How to Increase Satisfaction & Reduce Frustration: Hear expert tips school districts have employed to increase parent and teacher buy-in for the move to BYOD, including the integration of Acceptable Use policies and the Digital Driver's License.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 8:30-9:30 AM ET in Banyan room
- Developing the Ultimate Network for K-12 and Hi-Ed: In this peer roundtable, learn how to develop a network that meets the demands of today's educational environment. Topics to include virtual environments, managing applications, NAC, the flipped classroom and Google Doc support.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 9:45-10:45 AM ET in Cypress room
- Layer 7 Flexibility for Curricular Instruction: How to Allow eBay for Business Education & Block Everybody Else: Learn about the technology available to facilitate granular Layer 7 permissions, guaranteeing that sites like eBay and Facebook are used solely in an educational and not distracting way.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET in Cypress room
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.