EFD says candle caused Evansville apartment fire - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

EFD says candle caused Evansville apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters responded to an apartment building fire in central Evansville.

It happened around 1 p.m. Monday afternoon at 900 N Lafayette Ave.

EFD says they were able to quickly get the fire under control.

EFD officials says a woman and her young son were home when a candle tipped over, causing the fire.

Both are okay.

The Red Cross also is responding to the scene.

14 News is continuing to follow these breaking developments, and we will have the latest on air, online at 14News.com and on mobile with the 14 News mobile app.

Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow