Indiana State Police say they have arrested a man wanted on drug charges.
ISP says Sunday night, around 9:30 p.m., troopers attempted to stop a 2006 Dodge Stratus at 9th Street and Harrison Street in Vincennes after receiving information the driver was wanted out of Daviess County, IN on a felony warrant for dealing methamphetamine.
The driver, John Q. Wilkerson, 31, of Washington, failed to stop and fled south on 9th Street. After a brief chase on several area streets, Wilkerson stopped and fled on foot.
ISP says a K-9 unit was brought in and tracked Wilkerson nearly five blocks before they found him hiding on a porch in the 800 block of Broadway.
Troopers say the K-9 continued to search for Wilkerson's jacket that he discarded while fleeing from police.
The jacket was later found in an alley between Buntin and Broadway.
ISP says a search of the jacket revealed methamphetamine, marijuana and paraphernalia.
Wilkerson was arrested and taken to the Knox County Jail where he is currently being held without bond.
1. Possession of Meth, Class D Felony
2. Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
3. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
4. Resisting Law Enforcement, Class D Felony
5. Resisting Law Enforcement, Class A Misdemeanor
6. Warrant- Dealing in Methamphetamine, Class B Felony (Daviess County)
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: