Fire crews in Newburgh responded to a house fire in the 10100 block of SR 662, right across from Parkdale Animal Hospital.
Officials say they responded to the fire call around 10:40 a.m. Friday morning.
Fire investigators say the fire started in the garage and spread to the house.
The homeowner says she was about to take a shower when she heard popping noises coming from the garage. She looked in the garage, saw the smoke and was able to get out of the house safely.
Crews from seven fire departments were called to the scene.
It took about an hour to get the fire under control.
Fire officials say an Ohio Township firefighter was injured and taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The receive mainly smoke and water damage, but a car that was in the garage is a total loss.
SR 662 was closed between Epworth and Pollack while crews battled the fire.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: