It was a cold & blustery night... - Tri-State News, Weather & Sports

It was a cold & blustery night...

Ahhh, looking forward to spending the rest of the evening INSIDE with the heat going!  I might crank it up to 70 tonight after my live shots out in the cold earlier!!  Had my umbrella flip inside out on me TWICE!  When I got back to the newsroom, our 6pm producer told me she wished it would have happened on air (ha… ha… ha).  Luckily, the wind "cooperated" until we were all wrapped up.  I don't need to be the star of a YouTube clip titled "Poor Reporter Can't Control Umbrella" or anything like that!!

Days in the cold, as I mentioned yesterday, can be a little rough.  Today, I at least had company!!  The days of reporter-photographer teams are mostly a thing of the past around here.  But today, it worked out that photographer Andy Overton and I got to cover the cruddy weather together.  Andy, by the way, is a Mater Dei guy.  I'm a Memorial gal.  Somehow, we manage to work together. :)

I had to take a couple of pictures from one of our stops today.  We were sent to cover an accident on Northbound 41 on the Twin Bridges that backed up traffic.  To get to the accident without getting stuck ourselves, we parked and then hiked it up a big ole hill.  Keep in mind, it was chilly and a little slick out there.  Another example of why high heels are a NO-NO!!

Once we got our video and a quick interview, a KSP trooper offered to give us a ride back near our live truck so we wouldn't be in the way of traffic as it started moving again.  So, we got to hang out in the back of a cruiser for a minute or two.  I meant to take a picture, but ended up getting a phone call while we were sitting there, so I missed my chance.  Once we stopped to get out, I went to open the door.  Backseats of cruisers, though, do not open from the inside (for obvious reasons).  Had to wait a second for the trooper to free us!!  Thank you, sir, for the ride.  And, thank you for having a very clean car!  (It either must be new, or he must not deal with too many icky criminals!)

Finally, one very bright spot of the day was receiving this awesome "Thank You" card and picture in the mail from the Spirit Cheer Team!  So nice of them to think of me and go out of their way to say thanks for the story I did a few weeks ago!  All the girls signed it, and it will stay up on my desk to hopefully cheer me up when I need it. :)

Hope you all stay warm and safe tonight!!

Until next time,

Erin

• LOCALMore>>

Vanderburgh Humane Society's benefit dinner a success

Saturday, April 29 2017 11:29 PM EDT2017-04-30 03:29:55 GMT
    (Source: Vanderburgh Humane Society)(Source: Vanderburgh Humane Society)

It's the biggest fund raising event for a humane society in Southern Indiana. On Saturday, hundreds took part in the Vanderburgh Humane Society's twenty-second annual Going, Going, Gone to the Dogs! Benefit Dinner & Auction.

More >>

Flooding, road closures throughout Tri-State after morning rain

Saturday, April 29 2017 11:21 PM EDT2017-04-30 03:21:58 GMT
    Photo sent in by Chris Lee, showing the water over Baseline/Old Petersburg Road. (WFIE)Photo sent in by Chris Lee, showing the water over Baseline/Old Petersburg Road. (WFIE)

Your weekend plans could be in jeopardy after large amounts of rain caused flooding in some Tri-State areas.

Madisonville City Administrator retires

Saturday, April 29 2017 10:01 PM EDT2017-04-30 02:01:28 GMT
    (WFIE)(WFIE)

A household name in Madisonville City Government is calling it a career. City administrator Chuck Shockley is retiring after spending 27 years working for the city.

• Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction.  She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.

More >>

One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction. She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.

• BREAKING

Officials: 5 dead during weekend storms, casualties may increase

Officials: 5 dead during weekend storms, casualties may increase

Sunday, April 30 2017 12:31 AM EDT2017-04-30 04:31:34 GMT

Severe thunderstorm warnings were issued Saturday for multiple East Texas counties.

More >>

Homeless man gets makeover from big-hearted cops

Tuesday, April 25 2017 2:44 PM EDT2017-04-25 18:44:10 GMT
    Tuesday, April 25 2017 3:49 PM EDT2017-04-25 19:49:50 GMT

Police officers in Rome, NY, went the extra mile to give back to their community, helping one in need.

Powered by Frankly