Tuesday, March 5 2013 8:29 PM EST2013-03-06 01:29:52 GMT
A JJs restaurant hostess said she thought she was going to die when an explosion rocked her restaurant Tuesday night, and she is frantic with fear for a missing friend."I thought I was going to die. Honestly,More >>
A JJ's restaurant hostess said she thought she was going to die when an explosion rocked her restaurant Tuesday night, and she is frantic with fear for a missing friend and co-worker. More >>
Monday, December 9 2013 6:37 PM EST2013-12-09 23:37:59 GMT
The IU School of Medicine has released the official request for proposal for,"the development of a multi-institutional academic health, science and research center in Evansville, Indiana."The RFP includesMore >>
The IU School of Medicine has released the official request for proposal for,"the development of a multi-institutional academic health, science and research center in Evansville, Indiana."More >>
Monday, December 9 2013 5:34 PM EST2013-12-09 22:34:19 GMT
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) – Police are reporting a flatbed lumber semi-truck has overturned on NB I-164 between Lynch & Morgan. Police are reporting the driver is out of the truck, and seems to be okay. PoliceMore >>
A flatbed lumber semi-truck that overturned on NB I-164 between Lynch & Morgan has now been up righted. More >>
Wednesday, December 11 2013 10:03 PM EST2013-12-12 03:03:05 GMT
Fire crews in Owensboro responded to a vacant house fire on Wednesday evening. Officials say they fire broke out in vacant home in the 1900 block of Leitchfield Road just after 6:00 p.m. No one was inMore >>
Fire crews in Owensboro responded to a vacant house fire on Wednesday evening.More >>
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
A Kansas City doctor says a Time Warner Cable subcontractor was notified about a gas leak hours before an explosion rocked a popular restaurant on the Country Club Plaza.
The doctor says crews had a lackadaisical attitude about concerns, and that one person was allowed to smoke in the area after receiving complaints about the strong odor of gas.
The explosion tore through the area about 6 p.m. Tuesday. The first report had been made at 1 p.m. to the Heartland Midwest, when they smelled the strong odor, said Dr. John Verstraete.
"We were really upset. They seemed to laugh it off," he said in an interview with KCTV5's Sandra Olivas. "The construction crews working outside. We were like, 'Hey, we smell gas.' . . . They were just, 'Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.'"
He said his employees assumed that subcontractor would have it investigated and notify Missouri Gas Energy.
He said one of the construction workers even was smoking outside, which upset some of the doctor's office employees because of how strong the smell of gas was.
Verstraete of Plaza Physicians Group said Missouri Gas Energy crews finally had come out and tested the air about 5 p.m. He said the crews determined that the natural gas was at a dangerous level and advised immediate evacuation.
"We locked up the doors and tried to get our personal items," he explained. "It was like two minutes and all of a sudden there was this big explosion. It went through you like a sonic wave. You felt it go through your body."
He said glass shattered, and an upper floor wall caved in.
"I know JJs took most of the explosion," he said. "I just hope everyone is OK that was in there."
Everyone made it out of the doctor's office and spa. Outside, they discovered a bystander who had been injured by debris.
The doctor provided aid to his cuts, bruises and scrapes.
"He was shell-shocked," Verstraete said.
His two dogs were inside the office at 906 W. 48th St. when the explosion occurred.
Verstraete's yellow lab Perseus panicked and bolted. The dog was last seen near the Nelson-Atkins Museum. If you see the dog, please call the doctor at 816-756-3526.
He said he is quite concerned about everyone inside JJ's at the time of the explosion. He said he cannot imagine the extent of injuries suffered by those closer to the blast than him and others in his office building.
"This is a terrible ordeal that happened," Verstraete said. "I hope they are OK."
Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.
Wednesday, December 11 2013 8:41 AM EST2013-12-11 13:41:37 GMT
HENDERSON, KY (WFIE) – Two students at Henderson High School is facing expulsion after the school says "serious horseplay" occurred on other students. According to Henderson School District Public InformationMore >>
Two students at Henderson High School are facing expulsion after the school says "serious horseplay" occurred on other students.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 9:08 PM EST2013-12-11 02:08:16 GMT
An Evansville mother is facing several child neglect charges. Police say a tip lead them to 29-year-old Jessica Pate's home on Jackson Avenue. Officers say during a search of her home they found threeMore >>
An Evansville mother is facing several child neglect charges.More >>
Wednesday, December 11 2013 9:22 AM EST2013-12-11 14:22:48 GMT
The hype of the Auburn Tiger's SEC win has not died down and one Auburn fan is celebrating the big win in a unique way.In Fayetteville GA, Robert Fulton is celebrating the Tiger's big SEC win by displayingMore >>
The hype of the Auburn Tigers' SEC win hasn't died down and one Auburn fan is celebrating the big win in a unique way.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 11:24 PM EST2013-12-11 04:24:49 GMT
CBS 5 News
This time of year if you haven't come down with a cold consider yourself lucky. "Most of them come from your hands. You touch surfaces, you scratch your nose, the virus gets in," said Dr. Don BucklinMore >>
This time of year if you haven't come down with a cold consider yourself lucky. More >>
Wednesday, December 11 2013 9:39 AM EST2013-12-11 14:39:39 GMT
CHEYNNE, WY (KGWN/CNN) - For the second year in a row, the Grinch is on patrol in Cheyenne, WY. With his trusty dog max and his radar gun in hand, he took to the streets Tuesday morning to remind driversMore >>
For the second year in a row, the Grinch is on patrol in Cheyenne, WY.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 3:59 PM EST2013-12-10 20:59:50 GMT
On Monday December 9, 2013 at 12:20 pm the North Canton Police Department responded to 1161 North Main Street Lot 16, to investigate a report of the possibility of infant skeletal remains found in aMore >>
An investigation is underway after the skeletal remains of two infants were found in a North Canton mobile home.
Cops were called to the mobile home on North Main Street just before 12:30 p.m. on Monday.
Tuesday, December 10 2013 8:21 PM EST2013-12-11 01:21:35 GMT
Top-selling frozen pizza brand DiGiorno and its cheese supplier are cutting ties with a Wisconsin dairy farm after an animal rights group released video showing workers beating, kicking, stabbing andMore >>
Top-selling frozen pizza brand DiGiorno and its cheese supplier are cutting ties with a Wisconsin dairy farm after an animal rights group released video showing workers beating, kicking, stabbing and whipping sick and injured cows.