OWENSBORO, KY (WFIE) - If you would like the "World Changers" to work on your house this summer, the deadline to apply is today (Friday, 15) in Owensboro.
About 200 volunteers will arrive the week of June 17 through the 21st.
Homeowners can expect a crew of 10-15 people at their home for two to three days, depending on the size of the project.
There are several requirements including location and income.
- Homes must be located within the city limits of Owensboro, Kentucky.
- The project applies to homeowners only (deed of record). No rental property will be considered.
- Only single story homes will be considered.
- Roof shingle replacement, exterior painting, wheelchair ramps and yard cleanup will be considered for a project. Window replacement and structural repair items will be not be considered for projects. World Changers will make the final selection on which houses will be on the project list.
- The household must meet the HUD low income guidelines (Example: single person maximum income limit is $30,550 per year / a four-person family maximum income limit is $43,600 per year).
- All interested homeowners must provide income information and proof of current homeowners insurance.
- Application deadline is Friday, February 15, 2013.