1. Kentucky Kingdom LLLP to invest $45 million to improve amusement park with opening in spring 2014.
$20 million in equity investment and a $25 million loan. All improvements become property of Kentucky State Fair Board (KSFB).
$13 million to be invested in 2013 and 2014, of which $3 million going into debt reserve fund as required by Lender; $2 million invested upon completion of 2014 season; $2 million invested upon completion of the 2015 season; and $3 million invested upon completion of 2016 season.
Development plan set out in No. 6 commences after 2017 season.
2. Lease is for a 50 year initial term with four additional five-year renewal options.
3. 57 acres plus a potential four acres for expansion of the water park.
4. Rent starts at $475,000 per year beginning in 2014 and increases $50,000 a year for 15 years until it caps out at $1.2 million for the remainder of the initial term. KSFB receives 5 percent of the gross revenue in excess of $25 million for each operating year.
5. Parking - KSFB to pay Kentucky Kingdom $1.25 per visitor up to $450,000.
6. Kentucky Kingdom to spend at least $1 million per year (for the remainder of the initial term of the lease) and capping out at $2.5 million a year or somewhere in between based on a formula that is based on projections. All funds must be spent on park during initial term. If park is sold (after KSFB approval), then KSFB gets all funds in maintenance reserve account.
7. All rides/improvements purchased with $45 million will become the property of the state. Kentucky Kingdom may lease future rides with other development funds in order to leverage more new rides to increase attendance. When the leased rides are paid off, they also become the property of the KSFB.
8. Mortgage will be placed on property to secure a portion of the $25 million loan taken out by Kentucky Kingdom with bank. This is pursuant to KRS 56.515.
9. Lease can be sold with the consent of the KSFB to experienced park operator.
10. Lease may be terminated by either party within 90 days after execution if the financing package is not acceptable to either Kentucky Kingdom or KSFB. Finance and Administration Cabinet and KSFB will be involved in negotiations with bank to ensure that the financing details are known to them during the financing acquisition phase.
11. After lease is signed, if park requires major unforeseen work not covered by Kentucky Kingdom's projections, it may terminate lease within 90 days of execution of lease.
Wednesday, April 16 2014 2:06 PM EDT2014-04-16 18:06:48 GMT
An ailing Miley Cyrus has canceled her concert Tuesday night at Sprint Center.The notice came a matter of hours before she was scheduled to go on stage.A concert promoter tells KCTV5 that Cyrus is in theMore >>
An ailing Miley Cyrus remains in a Kansas City hospital and says she must cancel her St. Louis concert slated for Wednesday night. This comes after she unexpectedly canceled her Tuesday night concert in Kansas City. More >>
Tuesday, April 15 2014 6:32 PM EDT2014-04-15 22:32:39 GMT
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A Male High School student took her life shortly after posting a video online. The video remained online for a lot of the day Tuesday, even though the school system, law enforcementMore >>
A Male High School student took her life shortly after posting a video online. Unfortunately, teenage suicides are more common than you might think. Seven Counties Services, a behavioral health agency, said there were three times more suicides than homicides in Louisville in 2012 and Kentucky ranks number two in teenage suicide.More >>
Monday, April 14 2014 9:37 PM EDT2014-04-15 01:37:12 GMT
Sanitation workers in Dickson County made a shocking discovery Friday when they found an injured puppy in a landfill. Officials believe the dog was intentionally thrown away. "Anybody would've done theMore >>
Sanitation workers in Dickson County made a shocking discovery Friday when they found an injured puppy in a landfill. Officials believe the dog was intentionally thrown away.More >>
Wednesday, April 16 2014 3:56 PM EDT2014-04-16 19:56:41 GMT
Traffic is completely stopped in Henderson due to an overturned semi. A semi has overturned on the U.S. 41 North strip near Long John Silver's. Officials were called to the scene around 3:15 WednesdayMore >>
It happened on the U.S. 41 North strip near Long John Silver's. Officials were called to the scene around 3:15 Wednesday morning.
Saturday, April 12 2014 6:07 AM EDT2014-04-12 10:07:09 GMT
An incredible photo snapped Saturday at the iconic Pipeline on Oahu's North Shore is going viral. A mother humpback whale and her calf were cruising just offshore when a set rolled in. J.T. Gray of NorthMore >>
An incredible photo snapped Saturday at the iconic Pipeline on Oahu's North Shore is going viral.More >>
Tuesday, April 15 2014 6:28 AM EDT2014-04-15 10:28:24 GMT
ESTILL COUNTY, KY (WAVE) – After losing both his parents in a short amount of time, a community is rallying around an Estill County teen. Joe Snowden lost his mother in a car crash on April 10, just twoMore >>
Joe Snowden lost his mother in a car crash on April 10, just two weeks after laying his father to rest. Now Snowden is faced with covering all the funeral costs himself. More >>
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Evansville, IN 47720