Nike just announced they're donating a number of items for the Sam Featherstone "Samstrong" auction.
Sam Featherstone is a Newburgh teenager who recently entered hospice after a battle with brain cancer. He has now organized an event to raise research dollars to benefit other kids who are fighting his fight.
One of the items Nike donated is a basketball signed by the entire 2012 Olympic team, along with a T-shirt and photo. Also up for auction? A pair of cleats owned by Chicago Bear's quarterback Jay Cutler.
Here's a full list of items:
1. Basketball signed by 2012 Olympic Basketball Team. Includes picture of team and shirt.
2. 2 Pair Limited Addition (one of 15) LeBron James Commemorative World Championship Basketball Shoes
3. CLE-Chet Skateboard Deck, includes T-shirt (15 year edition)
4. Limited Edition Skateboard Deck (endorsed by 6 of the world's most famous boarders)
5. NIKE Nesting Doll Set- Showcasing NIKE'S Winter Sports Athletes
6. 1 Pair Collector Edition AIR MAX Hyperpostie Shoes
7. 1 Pair Collector Edition Green Bay Packer Sideline/Coaches Shoes
8. 1 Pair Collector Edition Oregon Ducks Sideline/Coaches Shoes
9. 1 Pair Collector Edition Jay Cutler Lunar Super Bad Pro TD Football Cleats
10. 1 Pair Collector Edition Free Trainer Shoes
11. 2 Pair Collector Edition LIVESTRONG Air Zoom Tennis Trainers
The benefit details:
For more information visit http://samstrong.org/
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Public File Contact: