Bedding catches fire at assisted living home - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Bedding catches fire at assisted living home

Posted: Updated:
TAYLORSVILLE, NC (WBTV) -

Firefighters in Alexander County were called to the assisted living home just south of Taylorsville Wednesday morning.

The fire at the Alexander Assisted Living Facility on Highway 16 South was reported at about 8 a.m.

WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge talked with investigators at the scene who said the bedding at the facility caught fire.

The flames were contained to one room, and firefighters said the sprinklers helped extinguish the flames.

No one was hurt, but 22 residents were moved to another facility due to lingering smoke. The residents were able to return shortly after 6 p.m. after the room was cleaned and the sprinkler replaced. 

The fire was ruled an accident.

Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow