Crews work 2 hours to put out large trash fire Wednesday - Tri-State News, Weather & Sports

Crews work 2 hours to put out large trash fire Wednesday morning

It took fire crews almost two hours to put out a large trash fire that broke out inside a building early Wednesday morning.

The Scott Township Fire Chief says the call came in at 2:12 a.m. when a driver reported seeing smoke coming from the roof of the Veolia Environmental Services building at 12900 Warrick Co. Line Rd.

Scott Township Fire Department responded.

McCuthanville assisted bringing in extra water.

Officials say the fire was tapped out a little after 4:00 a.m.

Authorities say the trash fire most likely started from a smoldering cigarette.

Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly