Hey Everyone! Here's a bonus recipe…Just Like Red Lobster's Biscuits! These didn't last long in the news room if that gives you any indication on how good they are. Enjoy!
- 2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
- ¾ cup cold milk (Anything but skim, I used 1%)
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic juice
- 1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
Brush on Top:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
3. Drop portions of the dough, just about the size of a golfball but not quite round, onto an ungreased cookie sheet .
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.
(***I doubled this recipe for the newsroom)