I apologize for not posting a recipe last week. It was a busy week here at 14 and in my life outside of work. We're working hard to come up with some creative ways to showcase the Olympics. The opening ceremonies are tomorrow night. And, don't forget the 10pm won't air at 10, but at 11. Of course you can watch the 9pm still at 9 on 14Xtra, the dot two channel.
Alright, let's get to the recipe, Oreo Cheese Ball. Cheese balls are a big thing in my family and they appear at almost every single family function. Not to mention, cheese balls are very versatile. They can be for dessert, an appetizer, or even a main course if you want it to be. The basic ingredient is cream cheese then you add just about whatever you want to it to make your own cheese ball with the exception of excessive liquids. Cheese balls are not meant to be runny.
I was in the mood for something sweet today and I thought about making a Chocolate Chip Cheese ball but, I was out of chocolate chips. I used all of them yesterday when I made my friend AJ Banana Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip cookie bars for his road trip. I looked in my cabinets and saw I had Oreos. So, I made and Oreo Cheese Ball. It was a big hit at the station and I hope you and your family enjoyed it as much as we did here at 14! Enjoy!
- 16 ozs of Cream Cheese (Two Packages) Softened
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- Two Rows of Oreo Cookies Crushed or about 24
- 2 Boxes of Vanilla Wafers for Dipping
- Mix together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Add Powdered Sugar ½ cup at a time mixing in between. Add the Brown Sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add half of the crushed cookies and mix and repeat. You can add more or less Oreos to your liking.
- Spoon out and shape in a ball like shape or place it into a bowl.
- Decorate with remaining cookies if desired. Serve with Vanilla Wafers.