Tuesday, June 18 2013 8:30 AM EDT2013-06-18 12:30:38 GMT
It happened around 2:30 this morning at the kangaroo express on south kentucky. You can see a heavy police presence at the scene. Officers say a white male in his late 20's, early 30's walked into theMore >>
Officers say the suspect walked into the gas station, implied he a weapon and demanded cash.More >>
Singapore urged people to remain indoors amid unprecedented levels of air pollution Thursday as a smoky haze wrought by forest fires in neighboring Indonesia worsened dramatically. Nearby Malaysia closed 200 schools...More >>
Singapore urged people to remain indoors amid unprecedented levels of air pollution Thursday as a smoky haze wrought by forest fires in neighboring Indonesia worsened dramatically. Nearby Malaysia closed 200 schools and...More >>
The Boston Bruins came from behind to tie the Chicago Blackhawks for the third time and sent Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals into overtime with the teams even 5-5 on Wednesday night.More >>
After struggling for more than 120 minutes to score even once, the Blackhawks beat Boston goalie Tuukka Rask a half-dozen times in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals to send the series back to Chicago tied two games apiece.More >>
Actor James Gandolfini, who famously played Tony Soprano, has died in Italy of an apparent heart attack. More >>
TRI-STATE (WFIE) -
We've called your county to be able to bring you current burn bans and firework ordinances. We will update this list with new information as we get it.
-4th of July fireworks canceled
French Lick Resort
-Fireworks display originally scheduled for July 6 canceled
-Burn ban in effect.
- -Evansville Burn and fireworks ban has been extended 7 more days.(until July 13th)
-Personal fireworks are banned in the county
-Fireworks on the riverfront in downtown Evansville are still happening (start around 9:10)
-The Evansville Otters say they have canceled their fireworks show on July 3.
-The Town of Darmstadt has banned fireworks until July 14th.
DAVIESS IN, KNOX IN, & SPENCER IN
-Encourage residents to attend public displays of fireworks
-Limit personal use of fireworks to ground fireworks. No aerial fireworks.
-Dubois County and the city of Jasper have banned use of any and all fireworks.
-Igniting of aerial or projecting type fireworks for public or private display is prohibited.
-Tell City: The Summer Fest fireworks show has been canceled
- Under a Burn Ban until further notice.
- Personal fireworks are banned
-Fireworks show on Mt. Vernon riverfront is still scheduled as planned.
- Under Burn Ban until July 16th
-Encourage residents to attend public displays of fireworks
-Personal aerial fireworks are banned
-Burn Ban in affect 24 hours a day until ban is lifted.
-Personal fireworks banned.
-Newburgh fireworks show is canceled.
-Scales Lake fireworks show canceled.
-Elberfeld has declared a disaster emergency regarding extreme drought conditions. This declaration prohibits open burning and the use of fireworks.
- Burn ban in effect (only exception is "cooking fires, where the container must have all sides fully enclosed and covered")
-Violation of Burn ban could mean a fine of $50=$500
- Any fireworks display will have to have a permit, be supervised by licensed professional, and have a fire department truck on location.
-Private use of fireworks is discouraged but not forbidden
- Under Burn Ban.
- Personal fireworks are banned.
- The Downtown Henderson firework display is still on.
-Owensboro firework show is on.
-Burn Ban in effect
- As of 3:00 p.m. Friday, nobody is allowed to light off their own fireworks unless supervised by a licensed professional with a fire department truck on location. It will remain in effect until the county sends out another public notice.
-The city of Madisonville's fireworks are still on for the 4th but that could be changed depending on the weather.
-Under burn ban
-Firework show is still on for Saturday
-Private fireworks are banned and not permitted.
- Outdoor burning ban
- Fireworks are considered to be outdoor burning.
- Fireworks permitted only if Fire Department is on scene.
-Under Burn Ban
-Fireworks are not banned.
-Freedom Fest Fireworks show has been postponed
- Under Burn Ban
- Can only set off fireworks if supervised by the Ohio County fire Department
- Burn Ban does not include fireworks.
-Fireworks banned in Uniontown, KY
-Fireworks banned in Sturgis
- Ban on all firework displays throughout the county during the 4th of July Holiday.
- Ban does not include city of Providence annual firework show or any other cities planning firework displays as long as they are under supervision of that cities fire department.
-Burn ban in effect.
-Gibson County Sheriff: Fireworks/burn ban has been EXTENDED until July 19th. This also INCLUDES all open burning (excluding grills).
-The 4th of July fireworks show at the fairgrounds is still taking place (with precautions)
- Cities of Brown and West Salem are under Burn Bans, but not entire county
- No Burn Ban or Firework Ban.
- Under Burn Ban since Tuesday and until further notice.
- Scheduled firework displays may or may not occur.
- Under a Burn Ban.
- Via the Mayor of Bill Hudson and the Fire and Safety Commissioner Rod Rodriquez, a fireworks ban has been enacted in Mt. Carmel, which bans the use of any and all personal fireworks. This ban will be in place for the next 7 days due to the extreme dry conditions.
- City of Fairfield under no burning ban, but not entire county.
- Public Firework Displays will go on as scheduled.
-Under a Burn Ban.
- Fireworks banned in City of Crossville.
-Carmi Firework Display has been canceled.
- West Salem, IL tells us their firework show scheduled for Saturday is still taking place.
Wednesday, June 19 2013 7:10 PM EDT2013-06-19 23:10:09 GMT
The National Weather Service says there is some minor damage on Grand Isle after a waterspout Wednesday afternoon. WWL-TV in New Orleans says that the Grand Isle Fire Department is reporting a powerMore >>
The National Weather Service says there is some minor damage on Grand Isle after a waterspout Wednesday afternoon.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 11:18 PM EDT2013-06-20 03:18:30 GMT
(RNN) - Celebrity chef and southern food connoisseur Paula Deen was back in a controversial spotlight Wednesday, alleged of using racial slurs as jokes in her restaurants in front of employees. AccordingMore >>
Celebrity chef and southern food connoisseur Paula Deen was back in a controversial spotlight Wednesday, alleged of using racial slurs as jokes in her restaurants in front of employees.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 2:55 PM EDT2013-06-19 18:55:05 GMT
The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office says a man was killed after he broke into a home and was shot in the face by the homeowner.Authorities say it all started when a woman who lived on Tanglewood RoadMore >>
The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office says a man was killed after he broke into a home and was shot in the face by the homeowner.More >>
Monday, June 17 2013 11:39 PM EDT2013-06-18 03:39:25 GMT
We've got good news about the Ohio County toddler who authorities say swallowed a powerful ingredient used to make meth. This is a story 14 News has been keeping an eye on. That little girl, Frankee,More >>
The Facebook page, Frankee's Voice, continues to post updates on Frankee's condition. And on Monday, they gave an update that many are glad to hear.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 10:08 PM EDT2013-06-20 02:08:26 GMT
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Four people have been shot in an condominium complex, according to MetroSafe. MetroSafe confirmed the shooting was reported at 4:27 p.m. Wednesday in the Lakeview condominium complex,More >>
Louisville Metro Police say the victims are a juvenile girl, an adult woman and an adult man.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 9:17 PM EDT2013-06-20 01:17:08 GMT
Major demolition inside the old McCurdy Hotel in Downtown Evansville should begin in just a few months. The Kunkel Group plans to convert the almost 100-year-old building into high-end apartments. It'sMore >>
It's run down right now with some windows boarded up, but a little over a year from now, the old McCurdy Hotel along Riverside Drive should be restored to its former glory.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 11:09 PM EDT2013-06-20 03:09:53 GMT
A grassroots movement is gaining momentum in Posey and White counties on Wednesday night to get the New Harmony Bridge back open for business between Indiana and Illinois. Citizens from both sides ofMore >>
A grassroots movement is gaining momentum in Posey and White counties on Wednesday night to get the New Harmony Bridge back open for business between Indiana and Illinois.More >>
A 13-year-old boy was arrested and charged with second degree murder after his 5-year-old sister died Sunday. Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Detectives say the boy admitted to practicing "WWE" moves on theMore >>
A teen boy was arrested and charged with murder after his younger sister died. Detectives say he admitted practicing "WWE" moves on her, even after she said she was in pain.More >>
1115 Mt. Auburn Road
Evansville, IN 47720