Tuesday's Get Fit Pledge is one everyone should pledge to do. It's time to lose the stress. Everyone feels the stress of the holidays, but there are ways to calm down and still get thru it.
All the shopping, planning, traveling, and money can really stress people out during the holidays. It's not easy to get everything done, but it might be easier than you think to take the stress out of it all.
You can de stress a number of ways, but first during the holidays make sure to prioritize. In other words, focus on what's important and let the other things go.
Secondly, remember there is no such thing as a perfect holiday.
"Children will remember the moments and the traditions," says wellness coach Brandy Sitzman.
Here are some management techniques you might want to consider:
- Cut back on your schedule. That might include taking a day or two off work to get shopping done.
- Plan ahead or make a calendar of the things you need to do.
- When it comes to money, set a budget and stick to it.
- Limit your use of alcohol.
- Take a break and make time for yourself and relax.
- Don't abandon your healthy habits, eat healthy meals, and stick to that workout schedule.
If the holidays trigger feelings of stress, loneliness, sadness or even depression, you might want to take part in the Deaconess Facebook lunch and learn. You post your questions, and check back at noon Thursday December 15th for the answers.