Hoosier Stamping evacuated Monday morning - Tri-State News, Weather & Sports

Heavy smoke causes Hoosier Stamping evacuation

A large oven catches fire at a west side business, causing the building to be evacuated.

It happened late Monday morning at Hoosier Stamping on Franklin Street.

Firefighters say someone called dispatch when they noticed smoke pouring out of the chimney at the business.

When they got there, they say employees were trying to put out a fire in a large oven used for paint burning.

Crews evacuated the building and got the fire out.

Right now, employees are still outside while crews ventilate the factory.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2011 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly