These classes are offered to our patients at no-charge. They are
designed to assist the hearing impaired individual in adjusting more
easily to hearing aid use. The program is presented in a small group
format and is tailored to the needs of the group. Studies have shown
that individuals who have participated in an AR class are more satisfied
with their hearing aid performance. That is our aim here at Hearing &
Speech. We offer the only AR class in the Evansville area.
Goals for the program are:
- to come to a better understanding of what hearing loss
is and how it affects communications, relationships
- to give folks with normal hearing an idea of what the
hearing impaired population is dealing with on a
- to help you find a way of making your difficult
listening situations more tolerable.
- to alleviate some of the frustrations that the hearing
impaired individual has come to expect.
- to get the hearing impaired population back to
participating in the activities they have given up
due to frustration.
- to address expectations for hearing aids in various
- to come up with listening strategies that are easy to
- to get more satisfaction out of your hearing aids.
- to learn about insurance, discount plans, how they work
and how they differ.
Class sessions are offered 3-4 times a year. For more information,