- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WFIE-TV, 1115 Mt. Auburn Rd, Evansville, IN 47720 and Ambassador Travel, 401 N. Green River Rd., Evansville, IN, 47715 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 4:30am on Monday, February 1st, 2010 and ends at 7:00am on Monday, March 1st, 2010. Entries must be received by 5:00pm on Thursday, February 26th, 2010. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WFIE-TV, Ambassador Travel, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00am on Monday, January 25th, 2010, individuals can log on to www.14wfie.com and complete the online entry form. Entries must be received by 5:00pm on Thursday, February 26th, 2010 in order to qualify. Individuals may only enter once for the entire contest and are then eligible to win each weekday morning. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
- Prize(s). There is one (1) grand prize to be awarded in this contest. The winner of the grand prize will receive a vacation package for a 4 day/3 night Gourmet Inclusive vacation experience at the El Dorado Royale, A Spa Resort, by Karisma! This inclusive resort is located in Riviera Maya, south of Cancun Mexico. The vacation is based on the Gourmet Inclusive philosophy, which addresses and defines every detail of the guest experience. Each guest's complimentary stay includes all meals, beverages, non motorized water sports, entertainment, taxes, and gratuities. Accommodations are for 2 adults in a Jacuzzi Junior Suite, subject to availability, holidays and special events excluded. Travel must be complete by October 1, 2010. The prize package includes air travel, up to $500 per person. Air travel includes two (2) airline tickets booked and purchased by sponsor based on availability and on the terms of the sponsors (e.g., flying out of Louisville, KY, choosing an airline, airport transfers and itinerary). The total value of this vacation package for two is $2500.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. Each weekday morning of the contest from February 1st through February 26th, 2010, one finalist will be chosen at random from the pool of online entries from www.14wfie.com. The finalist will have their name announced on the air on 14NEWS SUNRISE between 4:30am and 7:00am. That finalist will then have 14 minutes to call the station to be entered into the grand prize contest. If the finalist fails to call the station within the allotted time, the chance to win the grand prize will be forfeited. Each daily finalist will then be entered into the drawing for the grand prize package giveaway on Monday, March 1st on 14NEWS SUNRISE. Finalists are not required to attend the grand prize drawing to win the grand prize. The winner's will announced live on-air during 14NEWS Sunrise. This winner will be drawn at random from the pool of daily finalists from 14NEWS Sunrise. The winner will be contacted by the station after the announcement and is not required to call immediately after the grand prize announcement. The winner will be responsible for contacting Ambassador Travel after the contest is over. The winner must make arrangements to accept the travel package within 15 days of the final drawing or the grand prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen at random. This process will be repeated until the station can establish a winner. All travel by the winner must be scheduled to be completed by October 1st, 2010.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of grand prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her grand prize by 5:00pm on March 16th, 2010 or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must then schedule the trip to be completed by October 1st, 2010 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WFIE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WFIE-TV if WFIE--TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WFIE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WFIE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WFIE-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to "Sunrise in Mexico Getaway Winner" at 14WFIE-TV, P.O. Box 1414, Evansville, IN 47701 or go to www.14WFIE.com through March 2010.